Gandhi ji was a ‘Mahatma'(The Great Soul) and Quotes by Gandhi are the Lighthouse for humanity. If you are looking for Mahatma Gandhi Quotes or Gandhiji Quotations. Then we have compiled a collection of 100+ famous & best Mahatma Gandhi Quotes of Love, Education, Leadership, Peace, etc. Also checkout our other article like
Thoughts of Mahatma Gandhiji | Slogans of Mahatma Gandhi
Quotes by Gandhi
- The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong. Mahatma Gandhi
- Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. Mahatma Gandhi
- A man is but the product of his thoughts; what he thinks, he becomes.
- The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others. Mahatma Gandhi
(If you are looking for Gandhi Quotes be the Change, then it’s in the last
- An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind.
- If we are in the right, we must have infinite patience.
- First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.
- Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.
- There is more to life than simply increasing its speed.
Quotes Mahatma Gandhi
- Faith is not something to grasp, it is a state to grow into.
- Be the change that you wish to see in the world.
- In a gentle way, you can shake the world
- Self-respect and honor cannot be protected by others. They are for each individual himself to guard.
- There go my people. I must follow them, for I am their leader.
- Poverty is the worst form of violence.
- As human beings, our greatness lies not so much in being able to remake the world – that is the myth of the atomic age – as in being able to remake ourselves.
- Seek not greater wealth, but simpler pleasure; not higher fortune, but deeper felicity.
- My imperfections and failures are as much a blessing from God as my successes and my talents and I lay them both at his feet.
- There is no school equal to a decent home and no teacher equal to a virtuous parent.
Quotes of Gandhi
- Don’t talk about it. The rose doesn’t have to propagate its perfume. It just gives it forth, and people are drawn to it. Live it, and people will come to see the source of your power.
- A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history.
- You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is like an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty.
- You can chain me, you can torture me, you can even destroy this body, but you will never imprison my mind.
- Nobody can hurt me without my permission.
- I consider it my duty to go with a begging-bowl, whenever I can. But it is also my dharma not to feel bad if people refuse to give anything.
- In my dream, in my sleep, while eating, I think of the spinning wheel. To me it is the symbol of India’s liberty.
- I made the religion of service my own, as I felt that God could be realized only through service.
- I want the freedom of my country so that other countries may learn something from my free country so that the resources of my country might be utilized for the benefit of mankind.
- I want to tell the story of my experiments with truth. I claim for them nothing more than does a scientist who, though he conducts his experiments with the utmost accuracy, never claims any finality about his conclusions, but keeps an open mind regarding them.
- I wish that my name is forgotten and only my work endures.
- Let hundreds like me perish, but let truth prevail.
- Let no one say that he is a follower of Gandhi. I know what an inadequate follower I am of myself, for I cannot live up to the convictions I stand for.
Quotes from Gandhi
- Let us honor our opponents for the same honesty of purpose and patriotic motives that we claim for ourselves.
- The life I am living is very easy and comfortable if ease and comfort are a mental state.
- Justice is like a debt which has to be discharged.
- It is only a bad workman that quarrels with his tools and the trust is he who gives the best with what he has.
- It is not the work that kills; (it is the chaos;) the friction of ideas in the mind that causes the wear and tear.
- It is better to allow our lives to speak for us than our words.
- It has been a rule in my life never to ask anyone to do anything which I have not tried out in practice myself.
- I lay no claim to superhuman powers. I wear the same corruptible flesh that the weakest of my fellow beings wear and am liable to err as any.
- I know no organization that has died for want of funds. Organizations die always for want of men i.e. honesty, efficiency, and self-sacrifice.
- I have not the shadow of a doubt that any man can achieve what I have if he would make the same effort and cultivate the same hope and faith.
I hate privilege. Whatever cannot be shared with the masses is taboo to me.
I have learned the one supreme lesson to conserve my anger; and as heat conserved is transmuted into energy, even so, our anger controlled can be transmuted into a power which can move the world.
If we stop talking about useless things and talk about things that matter, in as few words as possible, much of our time, as well as that of others, could be saved.
If only women will forget that they belong to the weaker sex, they can do infinitely more against the war.
Famous Gandhi Quotes
A man who works regularly in a systematic fashion, never feels overworked or tired, it is not hard work that kills a man, but irregularity or lack of system.
Man can smile away his sorrows; by crying he only multiplies them.
If India makes violence her creed and I have survived, I would not care to live in India.
If India is to achieve real freedom, then we shall have to go and live in the villages.
I claim to know my millions. They are my first care and last.
I cannot imagine anything nobler than that for, say, one hour in the day we should all do the labor that the poor must do, and thus identify ourselves with them. I cannot imagine better worship of God than that.
Quotes by Mahatma Gandhi
- The good that man does is, more often than not, better left unsaid.
- I came alone in this world, I have walked alone in the valley of the shadow of death and I shall quit alone when the time comes.
- The history of great deeds is the history of men who had the courage to stand alone against the world.
- History has taught me that hatred and violence, used in howsoever noble a cause, only breed their kind. Those who seek to destroy men rather than manners, adopt the latter and become worse than those whom they destroy.
- If I had no sense of humor, I would long ago have committed suicide.
- I will not let anyone walk through my mind with their dirty feet.
- Each night, when I go to sleep, I die. And the next morning, when I wake up, I am reborn.
- Earth provides enough to satisfy every man’s needs, but not every man’s greed.
- To believe in something, and not to live it, is dishonest.
- There are people in the world so hungry, that God cannot appear to them except in the form of bread.
- Whatever you do will be insignificant, but it is very important that you do it.
- Keep your thoughts positive because your thoughts become your words. Keep your words positive because your words become your behavior. Keep your behavior positive because your behavior becomes your habits. Keep your habits positive because your habits become your values. Keep your values positive because your values become your destiny.
- It’s the action, not the fruit of the action, that’s important. You have to do the right thing. It may not be in your power, may not be in your time, that there’ll be any fruit. But that doesn’t mean you stop doing the right thing. You may never know what results come from your action. But if you do nothing, there will be no result.
- I came to the conclusion long ago that all religions were true and also that all had some error in them, and while I hold by my own religion, I should hold other religions as dear as Hinduism. So we can only pray, if we were Hindus, not that a Christian should become a Hindu; but our innermost prayer should be that a Hindu should become a better Hindu, a Muslim a better Muslim, and a Christian a better Christian
- The golden rule is to test everything in the light of reason and experience, no matter from where it comes.
- Great men never die, and it is up to us to keep them immortal by continuing the work they have commenced.
- He who exercises restraint under provocation wins the battle.
- The highest honor that my friends can do me is to enforce in their own lives the program that I stand for or to resist me to their utmost if they do not believe in it.
- After I am gone, a little bit of me will live in many of you.
- Beauty must be praised, but the praise should be mute. And you must enjoy it by giving it up.
- Beauty is an internal quality which is not visible to the physical eye.
- Give me the spinning-wheel and I will spin Swaraj for India.
Inspirational Quotes Gandhi
- The central disease of India is its deep poverty and deeper ignorance.
- A chronic and long standing social evil cannot be swept away at a stroke, it always requires patience and perseverance.
- Divine knowledge is not borrowed from books. It has to be realized in oneself. Books are at best an aid, often even a hindrance.
- Freedom of a nation cannot be won by solitary acts of heroism. The Temple of Freedom requires the patient, intelligent and constructive efforts of tens of thousands of men and women.
- For social service, what is required is not money but men of the right sort, full of faith in their work.
- Duty is a debt.
- Deeds, like seeds, take their own time to fructify.
- Communalism is an urban product. In rural areas, the people are too poor and too interdependent to find time for communal quarrels.
- Everything written in books must not be considered authentic. Anything that is immoral or inhuman must not be believed in, no matter in what sacred book it occurs.
Mahatma Gandhi Quotes on Education
- Basic education links the children, whether of the cities or villages, to all that is best and lasting in India.
- The object of basic education is the physical, intellectual and moral development of children through the medium of a handicraft.
- Mere book-reading will be of little help in life. I know from correspondence with students what wrecks they have become by having stuffed their brains with information derived from a cartload of books.
- The right education is to teach women the art of saying ‘no’ even to her husband, to teach her that it is no part of her duty to become a doll in her husband’s hands.
- True education must correspond to the surrounding circumstances or it is not a healthy growth.
- What is really needed to make democracy function is not knowledge of facts, but right education.
- During the days of my education I had read practically nothing outside textbooks, and after I launched into the active life I had very little time for reading.
- The end of all knowledge must be building up of character.
- By education, I mean an all-round drawing of the best in child and man in body, mind, and spirit.
- The real difficulty is that people have no idea of what education truly is. We assess the value of education in the same manner as we assess the value of land or of shares in the stock-exchange market. We want to provide only such education as would enable the student to earn more. We hardly give any thought to the improvement of the character of the educated. The girls, we say, do not have to earn; so why should they be educated? As long as such ideas persist there is no hope of our ever knowing the true value of education.
- Literacy in itself is no education. Literacy is not the end of education or even the beginning. By education, I mean an all-round drawing out of the best in the child and man-body, mind and spirit.
- Education should be so revolutionized as to answer the wants of the poorest villager, instead of answering those of an imperial exploiter.
- The aim of university education should be to turn out true servants of the people who will live and die for the country’s freedom.
- I hold that the highest development of the mind and the soul is possible under such a system of education (Nai Talim). Only every handicraft has to be taught not merely mechanically as is done today, but scientifically i.e. the child should know the why and wherefore of every process
- An education which does not teach us to discriminate between good and bad, to assimilate the one and eschew the other, is a misnomer.
- A teacher who establishes rapport with the taught becomes one with them, learns more from them than he teaches them. He who learns nothing from his disciples is, in my opinion, worthless. Whenever I talk with someone I learn from him. I take from him more than I give him. In this way, a true teacher regards himself as a student of his students. If you will teach your pupils with this attitude, you will benefit much from them.
Gandhi Quotes on Love
- Love never asks, it always gives.
- The more we give up our attachment to the physical presence of the one whom we love, the purer and wider our love becomes.
- Love is mute, it does not complain. Love is blind, it sees no fault. Love is deaf, it hears no tales. Love ever gives, it never demands. Love is never hurt. Love never tires.
- God is Truth and Love; God is ethics and morality; God is conscience.
- Nothing is Impossible for pure love.
- You yourself as much as anybody in the entire universe deserve your love and affection.
- All my activities have their rise in my insatiable love for mankind.
- Blind surrender to love is often more mischievous than a forced surrender to the lash of the tyrant. There is hope for the slave of the brute, none for that of love.
- Fasting can only be used against a friend who, on account of his love for you and the sufferings you undergo, realizes his mistake.
Gandhi Quotes on Peace
- I first learned the concepts of non-violence in my marriage.
- There is no ‘way to peace,’ there is only peace.
- If we are to reach real peace in the world, we shall have to begin with the children.
- I have no use for truth and non-violence as a means of individual salvation. Their application in everyday life has been my experiment all along.
Gandhi Quotes be the change
- You must be the change you wish to see in the world. – Mahatma Gandhiji.
Mahatma Gandhi Quotes in Hindi
- कमज़ोर कभी क्षमा नहि कर सकता, क्षमा करना बलवान कि पहचान है| – महात्मा गाँधी.
- जीए आइसे जैसे आपका ये आखरी दिन हो, और सीखे आइसे जैसे आप अमर हो | – महात्मा गाँधी
- मनुष्य अपने विचारो कि उपज है, आप जैसे शोचते है वैसे ही बन्न जाते है | – महात्मा गाँधी जी.
- अपनेआप को खोजने का सबसे सरल रास्ता दूसरो कि सेवा मे है | – गाँधी जी
- आख के बदले आख साड़ी दुनिया को अँधा बना देंगी | – महात्मा गांधीजी
- अगर आप सही है तो आपमें बोहोत सहनशीलता होंगी | – महात्मा गाँधी
- पहेले वो आपको नज़रंदाज़ करेंगे, फिर वो आप पर हसेंगे, फिर वे आपसे लड़ेंगे, फिर आप कि जीत होंगी | – महात्मा गाँधी.
- आप स्वयं वो परिवर्टर बन्न जाये जो परिवर्तन इस विश्व मे देखना चाहते है | – महात्मा गाँधी.
- आपने इंसानियत मे कभी भरोसा नहि खोना चाहिए, इंसानियत सगर कि तरह है, सागर कि कुछ बुँदे अगर दूषित हो तो सागर दूषित नहि हो जाता | – महात्मा गाँधी
- कोइ भी मेरि अनुमति के बिना मुझे हीन महसूस नहि करवा सकता | – महात्मा गाँधी .
- मेरि इच्छा है कि मेर नाम भुला दिया जाये पर मेरा काम हमेशा याद रहे | – महात्मा गाँधी.
For more Mahatma Gandhi quotes & sayings for Gandhi Jayanti check this.
And if you are looking for Gandhi Jayanti Essay or Gandhi Jayanti Speech then check out the following links Gandhi Jayanti Essay, Gandhi Jayanti Speech. For more info on Mahatma Gandhi check out Gandhi Ji’s Wikipedia page
Incoming Search Queries:
- gandhi quotes
- mahatma gandhi quotes in hindi
- gandhi quotes on love
- mahatma gandhi quotes on education
- gandhi famous quotes
- gandhi quotes on peace
- mahatma gandhi quotes on leadership
- gandhi quotes be the change
- gandhi quote be the change
- gandhi quotes animals
- gandhi quotes about life
- mahatma gandhi quotes in english
- gandhi quotes violence
- education thoughts of mahatma gandhi
- thoughts of mahatma gandhi on education
- gandhi quote about animals
- famous quotes by mahatma gandhi
- gandhi quotes on christianity
- gandhi jayanti quotes hindi
- gandhi quotes on nonviolence
- famous slogans by mahatma gandhi
- mahatma gandhi ke vichar hindi me
- inspirational quotes gandhi
- top 10 famous quotes
- gandhi leadership quotes
- mahatma gandhi quotes in telugu
- gandhi quotes about christians
- great words of mahatma gandhi
- gandhi quotes love
- gandhi quotes on change
- famous mahatma gandhi quotes in hindi
- gandhi jayanti quotes english
- when did gandhi say the greatness of a nation
- most famous gandhi quotes
- top 10 gandhi quotes
- inspiring gandhi quotes
- mahatma gandhi and christianity
- famous gandhi quotes about life