Lots of People and students search for ‘Mahatma Gandhi Essay’ or ‘Essay of Gandhi’ as Gandhi Jayanti (2nd October) approaches.So, we have done it for you. Here’s a complete and best ‘Mahatma Gandhi Essay: Best Essay on Gandhi 2017’ written by expert teachers. You can also refer our similar articles for the same
Essay on Gandhi
Introduction to ‘Mahatma Gandhi Essay’
M.K Gandhi was a person who will always be in our hearts. He is also known as ‘Bapu’ or ‘Father of the Nation’. He has also earned the title of ‘Rastrapita’. His full name is Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi. Born on 2nd October 1869, Porbandar, Gujrat.
2nd October is celebrated as ‘Gandhi Jayanti‘
Gandhi was a freedom fighter who became the leader of our nationalism under British rule. He is being called ‘Mahatma’ due to his great works. He was a great freedom fighter and a non-violent activist who followed the path of non-violence and truth as his tools against British rule. Mahatma Gandhi was profoundly influenced by the life of the ‘King Harishchandra’.
Principles of Gandhi
He always followed the path of non-violence, truth, and peace. He also guided his fellow citizens to follow Ahimsa(non-violence). Satya(truth) and Shanti(peace). He adopted the idea of Satyagraha for the Indian Independence Movements. He proved that non-violence is the most powerful sword.
Early life of Mahatma Gandhi
His father Karamchand was a noble and a pious man. He was the Chief-Dewan of the State of Rajput. His mother Putlibai was a straightforward and religious lady. Gandhiji was greatly influenced by his mother. Gandhiji married to Kasturba in 1883. When he was 18 years old, he completed his matriculation exam and went to England to study Barrister in Law.
Gandhi in South Africa
At the age of 24, Gandhi went to British Colony, South Africa to practice law. He spent his one years there from 1893 till 1914. As a lawyer, he was mainly employed by the Indians. While he was practicing there, he saw that the Indians are getting discriminated for their complexion. He got insulted so many times, but he continued his struggle. Once, he was disallowed to travel in the first-class and was thrown out of the train. He was moved by the poor condition of Indians and thus decided to fight against injustice. He fought for the civil rights and privileges of Indians. He also taught people to fight for their rights and that too through non-violence. Thus, he decided to become a political activist.
Gandhi in India
Gandhi returned to India in 1915. After his arrival, he helped people in their problems and started a powerful yet non-violent movement against the misrule of the Britishers. Later, he joined Indian National Congress as a member and soon became the president. His moves brought spirituality in Indian politics. He worked for the removal of social problems like untouchability, upliftment of the backward society and also raised voice to develop villages.
Gandhi Ji inspired people to make use of Swadeshi goods. He also emphasizes on manual labor and motivated his people for being self-reliant for cotton and related goods. He started waving cotton clothes using Charkha.
Gandhi also received widespread participation of women in freedom movements.
Gandhi Jayanti is celebrated every year to mark the birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi. This is the day we all remember him for his great deeds. This day has been declared as a National holiday by the government of India. The day is known as the International Day of non-violence and celebrated all around the world with great enthusiasm.
To know more about Gandhi Jayanti, click here.
Role of Mahatma Gandhi in Indian National Movement for Independence
Gandhi is an inspiration to so many Indians. He launched various movements against British rule.
Non-Cooperation Movement (1942)
It was proved to be an excellent weapon against British people. It included non-violent protests against Brtish goods & services and inspiring our countrymen to put all their emphasis on using Swadeshi goods.
Salt Satyagraha (Dandi March) (1930)
Satyagraha or Salt Satyagraha was a protest against the tax regime by the Britishers. Gandhi produced salt at Dandi without paying any tax.
His Civil Disobedience Movement was also supported by millions of people.
Under this movement, Quit India slogans were launched to force Britishers to leave India. It has been considered as the most powerful movement by Mahatma Gandhi. Who can forget Gandhi’s famous slogan “Do or die’ and that too was comprised during this campaign.
All of these movements by Gandhi shocked the British rule so badly and inspired common citizens to come forward and encouraged them to fight for their rights.
However, Gandhi also got arrested and jailed so many times, but he continued his struggle against injustice. All his initiatives brought people together to participate in the National movements.
Death of Gandhi
Mahatma Gandhi was assassinated by the Hindu activist ‘Nathuram Godse’ on 30th January 1948, and since 1948 this day has been named as “Martyr of the Nation” by Rabindranath Tagore.
Conclusion to Mahatma Gandhi Essay / Essay on Gandhi
Mahatma Gandhi was a practical leader of his compatriot. He was always an outstanding personality. He inspired millions of people through his work and became a legacy of greatness, idealness, and noble life. He has been playing a great and unforgettable role. Being a non-violent personality, he always followed the path of Satyagraha. He was very successful in eradicating untouchability and worked hard for the distressed section of the society. He also generated mass employment through charkha.
Gandhi’s life story has always been an inspiration for us.As he was an ardent follower of the king Harishchandra, he made everyone believe in the power of unity. He proved that everything is possible through truth and non-violence.
Gandhi was a social reformer who died after completing the aim of his life. And his birth anniversary is celebrated as ‘Gandhi Jayanti‘ on 2nd Oct. This year ‘Gandhi Jayanti 2017‘ will mark the 148th birthday of Mahatma Gandhi.
So that was the ‘Mahatma Gandhi Essay- best essay on Gandhi 2017’.
You can get more information about Mahatma Gandhi and Gandhi Jayanti on sites like Wikipedia. You can use this information to complete your Essay on Gandhi.
If you want to suggest something about this ‘Essay on Gandhi’ or ‘Mahatma Gandhi Essay’, please feel free to comment below.
Incoming Search Terms:
- mahatma Gandhi
- gandhi Jayanti
- kasturba gandhi
- mahatma gandhi essay
- the story of my experiments with truth
- biography of mahatma gandhi
- mahatma gandhi biography
- mahatma gandhi books
- the words of gandhi
- about mahatma gandhi in hindi
- mahatma gandhi death
- gandhi biography
- mahatma gandhi information in marathi
- mahatma gandhi essay in hindi
- gandhi religion
- what did gandhi do
- mahatma gandhi history in english
- karamchand uttamchand gandhi
- the essential gandhi
- mahatma gandhi in english
- gandhi jayanti speech
- jayanti meaning
- mahatma gandhi essay in english in 500 words
- 10 points on mahatma gandhi in english
- mahatma gandhi mother name
- mahatma gandhi quotes in hindi
- mahatma gandhi children
- mahatma gandhi in hindi books
- short note on mahatma gandhi
- mahatma gandhi information in english
- mahatma gandhi essay in english
- essay on mahatma gandhi in english
- essay on mahatma gandhi in hindi in 300 words
- essay on mahatma gandhi in english for class 6
- 5 lines on mahatma gandhi in english
- 10 lines on mahatma gandhi in hindi language
- mahatma gandhi short biography
- poem on mahatma gandhi in hindi
- essay on gandhi jayanti
- essay on mahatma gandhi in hindi language
- mahatma gandhi history in hindi pdf download
- mahatma gandhi essay in marathi
- gandhi jayanti date
- mahatma gandhi birthday date
- october 2 holiday
- mahatma gandhi essay in english 200 words
- essay on mahatma gandhi in hindi for class 5
- the life of mahatma gandhi
- mahatma gandhi selected political writings
- gandhi jayanti celebration
- gandhi day
- mahatma gandhi essay in english pdf
- speech on mahatma gandhi jayanti in english
- mind of mahatma gandhi
- gandhiji life history in english
- 2 october gandhi jayanti speech in marathi
- 20 facts about gandhi
- what is gandhi jayanti
- october 2nd holiday
- mahatma gandhi essay wikipedia
- essay on mahatma gandhi jayanti in hindi
- mahatma gandhi essay in hindi 200 words
- essay on mahatma gandhi in hindi in 500 words
- essay on mahatma gandhi 500 words
- gandhi fact file
- mahatma gandhi facts about his life
- importance of gandhi
- short biography of mahatma gandhi in english pdf
- mahatma gandhi biography in english in short
- gandhi religion and philosophy
- great words of mahatma gandhi
- the words of gandhi quotes
- essay on mahatma gandhi in hindi for class 4
- gandhi movie summary essay
- october in india
- gandhi jayanti day
- essay on mahatma gandhi in english 250 words
- mahatma gandhi essay in english download
- wisdom of gandhi
- the words of gandhi book
- essay on mahatma gandhi in hindi for class 7
- what does jayanti mean
- october 2nd national day
- gandhi selected writings
- mahatma gandhi speech video
- gandhi jayanti holiday
- mahatma gandhi history download
- mohandas gandhi essay
- mahatma gandhi work in india
- meaning of hanuman jayanti
- gandhi jayanti cards
- gandhi hobbies
- gandhi birthday celebration